Tuesday, June 24, 2014

June 23rd Garden update (Corn, beans, Melons, and Peppers)

I posted last week here, the progress on the Tomatoes, Corn, Beans, Melons and other fruits and vegetables. Within 10 days, the corn grew a foot as well as the Beans. The Tomato fruits are growing larger; The Cucumber, peppers, and Melons are blooming.

I am continuing to Harvest lettuce, strawberries, and blueberries. Today I picked the first Yellow Squash of the season. Soon I will be harvesting the first Tomatoes and Grapes, Zucchini, Yellow Squash, and Cucumbers.

It's a possibility I will be Transplanting 100+ Tomato and pepper plants in the Gardens. It's also a possibility I will be tilling a spot for Beans and Cold weather crops (Lettuces, spinach, carrot, Brussels, Broccoli) in the following days. 
Here are some photos from the last couple of days...

Figurines are keeping birds away from strawberries

Harvesting strawberries
 
Birds are finally staying away from strawberries


Cantaloupe growing in strawberry bed

cantaloupe plants

Nearly 300 Tomato plants putting off Fruits

Corn, 2-3 feet
9 rows of Corn
Black eyed peas / Lima beans





One of my other gardens, at my Cousins, contains a second crop of Corn and Beans, Cucumbers.

In the photos here are Corn, Beans, and Melons growing in the same Garden, at my Grandparents.
Row of Melons in the garden
Cantaloupe
100 Melon plants

Other  Watermelon plants (approx 15) are growing alongside my Tomato and Pepper garden. We purchased these because one plant was already blooming.

The watermelon in the photos below are the Yellow Watermelon variety. I haven't tasted this variety before, and it would surely be a treat to try it for the first time from my own garden!

Watermelon


Row of Watermelon mounds










Peppers were purchased last week. The Cowhorn and Jalapeno peppers are already fruiting. The other Green peppers are blooming. When I transplanted these peppers, I added some compost as well.

row of peppers with cantaloupe growing

rows of peppers

Pepper garden

No comments:

Post a Comment