Monday, April 30, 2018

Garden food dinner with asparagus & herbs

Today I harvested from the garden for the first time this year, picking asparagus, herbs, greens, carrots, and onion. Asparagus is tough so you have to cook it thoroughly. First I let the bow tie pasta boil in water whole I chopped the wild onion and put it in a pan to fry with oil. Then I chopped the asparagus and added it with the onion, in addition to soy margarine and the 1 cup of boiling water from the boiling pasta.


































I let that boil down then added salt, pepper, garlic, then added my herbs at the very end of cooking. I picked rosemary, oregano, and thyme in the garden and chopped them. Don't let them cook longer than 5 minutes so they still have a lot of flavor.


































Then I drained the pasta, mixed the asparagus and herbs with the pasta, and added a little (vegan) Just Mayo brand to get it creamy. I garnished with raw chopped lettuce from the garden.



No comments:

Post a Comment