Sunday, September 3, 2017

BIG Sept. Harvest: radish cushaw, figs, grapes, cukes, toms, potatoes, melon

I have been cleaning up the summer gardens to prepare for fall and winter. Much of the summer crops have died off. I have peas and some lettuces, even corn left growing in the garden. You may see some radishes poking out of the ground in the picture below. I harvested for tonight's dinner with some of the potatoes I harvested as well.



Today as I was cleaning up the gardens, I found lots of sneaky vegetables living amongst the tall weeds. I harvested tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, cushaw, honeydew melon, and potatoes. The potatoes were those I planted later in the summer in grow bags, which I sewed. I picked grapes from the vines as well and bagged them to keep in the fridge.


Although I don't have pictures of all the figs I've been eating, I have been eating at least one to two figs a day for the last week. I sometimes manage to get a picture before I eat it, or before giving it to someone else...


If you're interested in seeing more pictures of the flower garden and other garden photography, go to my art blog "Art Landfill" of all the recent photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment