Sunday, May 27, 2018

Grandma's country flower gardens + tonights lettuce harvest

Like I said before the weekend, I went to my grandma's to decorate our families graves for memorial day; and I wanted to share with you her flower gardens.




































After I got back home this weekend, the garden is really flourishing. The pumpkins and other squash are about to flower, and in fact they are wrapping their tendrils around the fencing. In no time the cucumbers will be flowering too. I'll be harvesting peas in a couple of days as well, maybe for a yummy curry dinner.

I harvested lettuce and spinach tonight for my sister and I to have a simple salad. Many of the greens, like arugula and spinach are flowering as the temperatures maintain a high 87 degrees.

1 comment:

  1. What lettuces do you grow? I haven't found a variety I really like so far. The mesclun mix is okay. A bit bitter. Your garden looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete