Saturday, July 7, 2018

Garden food into vegan cheesecake and veggie spaghetti

I am stuffed from tonight's dinner. I made garden spaghetti and vegan cheesecake with loads of garden blueberries.

The spaghetti sauce was made with garden herbs and harvested tomatoes. I foraged for chanterelle mushrooms in the woods too, and fried them in the sauce. It was delicious. And I prepared homemade garlic bread too.



The bread was really good so I'll provide the recipe: 4 cups flour, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 1 pkt of yeast, sifted together then make a well in the center for 2 tbsp of oil and 1 3/4 cup hot water. Knead the dough for 5 minutes after mixing. Sit on the stove for an hour and 30 minutes, kneading every 30 minutes. Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes after preheating oven.


Before baking the bread, I made the blueberry cheesecake with tofu and tofutti brand cream cheese mixed with blueberries that I picked today. I mixed the ingredients in a processor then put it in a vegan graham cracker crust, baked for an hour at 350 degrees F. Afterwards, chill in the fridge and then I added frozen blueberries from the garden.


I took some photos of the garden today too of melons and peppers, which I'm excited for, among the many more tomatoes to come.















No comments:

Post a Comment