Friday, May 26, 2023

May spring garden: kale, radish, & lettuce

Sunday, May 7, 2023

Howdy folks! Hope you're all well and getting your garden groove on. I have been extremely late to the garden game this year, but fully intend to spend the next few weeks ramping up by transplanting; and will need to get tomatoes and peppers out, as well as sowing seed of corn, squash and beans in the garden. 

Yesterday, I tranpslanted radish, kale, and lettuce into the garden. I germinated these seeds in March, and planted the germinated seeds in small container pots with a mix I made of perlite, vermiculite, peat poss, coconut coir and garden soil. 

I have kept the germinated seedlings growing outside in a mini-greenhouse so they would already be acclimated to the outside. The plants have doubled their size in the last 2 weeks, so I knew I needed to get them transplanted, especially since the month of May was creeping up.



While I was gardening, I also stopped to snap a few shots at the Iris and tulip flowers growing around the garden.




My cactus plants have steadily been blooming all year, each different one blooming. I have two pink Flowering cacti plants and one that is red and white striped.



I will have more plant and garden updates for you in the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment