Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Types of Natural Materials & Methods for building Free/cheap HOMES

Natural building blog
The one material I disagree with using is the Wool. The Wool industry is cruel, and instead I would use denim as insulation. Along with the denim, natural home builders use aluminum foil as a reflector for light to generate heat.
The lumber industry is another cruel industry that rapes forests, so I'm not comfortable with having someone kill a living tree for me. Instead I would build a small scale home that requires no logs. If wood is mandatory I will find dead and dried logs from the woods. Unlike trees, bamboo and hemp grow quickly to be utilized for mass production. Bamboo could be used for framing, doors, and flooring.
I highly recommend using all natural materials like mud, straw, and sand for the majority of your home (walls & flooring). When you're making your cob and stacking the cob to the walls, you want to save as much material as possible. Then using other materials like recycled glass bottles allows you to use less of your materials. Use recycled materials you have on hand such as glass bottles, tires, rebar, and more.
By reducing the amount of trash we produce, and reusing the trash that already exists will allow us to clean up our environment.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Cassie! As a fellow Kentuckian and lover of the environment, this blog is amazing! I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah man keep reading you might find use out of some of the information provided.
      Nice to connect with other Kentuckians. What part do you reside? I'm in the rural Northern area.

      Delete