Thursday, September 14, 2017

Sowing cold hardy veggies for fall garden + BIG FIG & potato harvest

Today I cleaned up the hugelkultur garden, using the weeds as mulch between the walkways. With wood, I framed the hugelkultur mounds to contain the compost.

After cleaning the mounds and adding the wood around the mounds, I then reused the compost from the potato grow bags to put on the mounds. I had a small potato harvest.


Then I sowed Buttercrunch and Black seeded Simpson lettuce, cauliflower, purple top turnip, nantes carrot, spinach, chives, garlic chives, and broccoli seed within the mounds.

back view of first mound: peas, lettuce, spinach, turnips, corn, lettuce, broccoli
front view

back view of second mound: I sowed broccoli, lettuce, & garlic chives

Back view of third mound: broccoli, cauliflower, chives, & artichoke

front view: artichoke, broccoli, cauliflower, chives
Peas are growing on the fourth and fifth hugelkultur mound...



Also, look at how many figs I picked today-- I believe that's 24 figs!


No comments:

Post a Comment