Sunday, June 24, 2018

Rain flooding the garden but helping the berries

The rain has been constant here in northern Kentucky To the point it's flooding one of the gardens and the corn is laying over. At the same time, the rain is bringing on more blueberries and early blackberries.


Picked these this morning too 


Overall the rain is good for most things, especially the potatoes in the grow bags that are done flowering. I worry though the potatoes in the ground are getting drenched.

Potatoes fell over from the hard rain 

The beans are making the garden look like a jungle 

The rain has made it in impossible to hoe out the weeds 


The corn fell over from the hard rain too 

The squash like the extra rain for sure 


Tomatoes getting tall 

As the rain sets in at the beginning of summer, the flowers are showing themselves beautifully too.



2 comments:

  1. Lovely! btw - I am not sure if I ever knew you are in NKy. If I did, I've already forgotten (that is old age setting in!). I am just northeast of Cincinnati and work in Hebron. Small world! Feel free to email me if you guys ever want to meet up and chat about gardening or grab a vegan meal together. :)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestions for cold climate planting. I'll include your ideas and research in my farm idea.you have a great amount of information on the subject.thsnks again Paul

    ReplyDelete