Thursday, May 7, 2020

Garden greens, radish harvest & other garden prepping


Lately I have been cleaning up the gardens to prep for tilling, hoeing and sowing seeds.

At my grandparent's, I cleaned the garden of weeds, raked, hoed and made a burn pile of the weeds. I haven't been able to till and sow seeds because the garden has been sopping wet.

At my garden, I have been laying ceramic tile to make pathways. My garden is also sopping wet, which is why I want to have tile pathways for me and anyone to be able to walk casually throughout the garden with ease. And the tile helps suppress weeds.








I have continually been harvesting greens and radishes everyday. I have arugula, kale, spinach, green and red leaf lettuce, and radishes. Also, in between these plants and the strawberry plants, I have sown carrot, spinach, and basil seed.








With the garden food, I have been delivering to some people. But of course I have been making many meals for myself, green salad, vegan potato salad, pasta salad, sandwiches, green wraps, and much more.

Ramen with fresh garden radish & last years
 pickled radish, lettuce, seasoned with garlic salt,
Black pepper, & nutritional yeast

Potato salad with garden arugula, onion , & radish
With vegan mayo, mustard, salt pepper

Arugula in pasta 


The tulips have all faded away, but it's May, and the Alluims and Irises are blooming. I have strawberry plants too, that are growing beautiful dark red blooms, which I had never seen before. Although I may not update often, I'll keep y'all posted on the happenings in the garden. It's May, so there are many more veggies to plant, the tomatoes, peppers, squash, corn and beans.








No comments:

Post a Comment