Sunday, August 25, 2024

July & August pretty things

This Summer came on quick and early for this region. We had 80 and 90 degree temperatures a month before we were supposed to in my area. Most gardeners here, and perhaps everywhere in the US are facing hot and dry weather. This summer, we have had to constantly water the gardens. 

Here is some photos I snapped of my grandparents flower garden.









This Summer, too, I have enjoyed some time hiking, rock climbing, mushroom hunting, attending a few concerts, and indulging in the little things, like a bouquet of roses🌹 ....


Ate pajeon and doboo at a Korean restaurant 

Corn smut from someone's corn field

This fungal phenomenon happens sometimes in Kentucky, it happens when the conditions are dry and hot


Old chicken of the woods mushrooms, too late to harvest...I found these a week too late.













Here, I climbed a local hiking destination and spelunking through the caves this summer a couple times for both places. 



















Right after I went mushroom hunting, I unfortunately had a fall in a creek slipping on a rock. I rushed to the ER to get stitches. This was my first time ever getting stitches! 

Went to some concerts this summer and danced so much that I couldn't walk properly for days...







Done some faux gem mining for kids (haha) at the caves...







Earlier this summer, I went to the caves with my sister, and this second time I went with Ashley where we also scored some cool gems to put with our rock collection. 









This Summer came on quick, and so too thr cold will set in quick. I already feel the cold in this late August. I hope my apartment garden produces some cucumbers at least before it gets too cold! I'll keep you posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment