Sunday, February 26, 2017

Covering fruit trees from spring frost

Peaches & Nectarines covered, but I did not cover 2 of the big Peach trees
 Although Friday was an 80 degree day, the following Saturday was bitter cold and the night into the early Sunday morning was supposed to be in the low 20s. I'm not sure how cold it got last night, but I made sure to cover the fruit trees that were smaller because most of the had started to bud out. For example the Pear trees were about to bloom. I barely got the Pear trees covered though, and I could not cover the two large Peach trees nor the large Plum tree. Those trees I worried about because they are ready to bloom as well where the weather is tricking them into thinking it's late Spring.

Figs, Cherry, & Plum covered but I did not cover the big Plum tree

Here, the Cherry tree to the left is covered, & Pear trees are barely covered because they are large

No comments:

Post a Comment