Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Spring flowers blooming three weeks early (floral photography)

The Tulip leaves have pushed through the mulch around my yard, and of course the Daffodils are blooming. Daffodils grow through the snow of January and February so they are growing on schedule, but some flowers have bloomed early like the Magnolia. Here in Kentucky, Magnolias typically bloom in April, so clearly since the Magnolia trees have been tricked into growing earlier than normal. The crocuses are about to croak because it got warm fast and now there is a freeze. Hyacinths also are blooming, but in my garden the Hyacinths have only spread their leaves. For now, those are the flowers I see blooming and growing, as well as some of the fruit trees like Pears that are blooming. I hope this freeze tonight does not kill the flowers and prevents them from blooming. So for now, we wait to see what Spring brings and what will await. Below I have posted some of the pictures I have taken of the flowers growing around me.









pink Hyacinths blooming, March 10th 2017
purple Hyacinths, March 10th
Nectarine blooming, March 8th 2017

Nectarine fruit tree blooms



No comments:

Post a Comment