Thursday, February 7, 2019

Netting polytunnels in the garden

It was 74 degrees today--in early February in Kentucky! We have had the craziest weather. It has been warm all week when last week it was 0 degrees.

So, I'm doing a little bit of garden work everyday since it's a warm week. I put a polytunnel over one mound and put netting on top to keep my cat out. But I can also place transparent plastic over top on those extremely cold spring nights.

I'm slowly putting up more polytunnels over the garden mounds. It's slow going because I always run out of resources fast on these projects. I bought plenty of netting, but ran out of garden stakes and plastic tubing. So tomorrow I'm going to buy these before work so I can work on them through the weekend.



I covered my flower gardens because the weather is going to be cold again

These are the crocuses I have transplanted in pots





No comments:

Post a Comment