Saturday, October 26, 2019

Canning Pears, Vegan Halloween cookies, & Halloween scenes

As soon as I woke up today, I cleaned my house and organized my cabinet of canned garden food. I have pickles, beans, grape jelly, pear butter, pepper jelly, and beets left from this summer and last summer.


I made more pear butter with the many pears falling from the trees. 



These precious little spookiest were made today as well, with simple ingredients. I melted 3/4 cup vegan butter then mixed 3/4 cup sugar, then 2 tbsp vanilla, 2 tbsp tapioca starch, 2 tbsp almond milk and used a mixer on high. Then used the mixer on low to stir in sifted 1 cup of self rising flour then a 2-1/4 cup of additional flour. The mixture turns into a thick dough and I chill it in the freezer for an hour. I rolled out the dough, cut out the shapes and baked for 10 minutes on 350 degrees F. I waited till they cooled and decorated with icing.

Grandma made the icing, I made the cookies and decorated them. And they turned out great!



Grandma appreciates Halloween like I do, and we decorate for Halloween inside and out. Here's some pictures of our Halloween scenes.




No comments:

Post a Comment