Thursday, October 24, 2019

Fall Pumpkin patch farm & Arboreteum wildlife park, & greenhouse

Below are pictures of the Bi water farm pumpkin patch we went to in Lexington, Kentucky. It was a very festive and fun place for children, but I quite enjoyed the scenery.  We picked pumpkins and carved them the next day.









 Before we went to the pumpkin patch, we actually stopped by the Arboreteum at the University of Kentucky. It has gardens of flowers, veggies, ponds and other wildlife.












The following weekend, I went to the Amish greenhouse and bought a pumkin and some mums. The tricolored mums are enchanting. I have truly appreciated the fall season more, for many reasons. But, always I hate to see the summer season pass so soon, but I might as well embrace the fallen leaves and crunchy paths, and all the fall colors. 





Much of my weekends have consisted of working or traveling. But I have managed to sneak time in for my gardens. Mostly, I am cleaning the gardens and overwintering the fig trees. I am still harvesting potatoes, pears, figs, and some peppers and tomatoes still, so I'll show you all of that in the upcoming blog post. I have been making batches of pear sauce and pear butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment