Thursday, May 14, 2020

HUGE & EPIC radish harvest!

I have not stopped picking leaves for soups, salads, and sandwiches. I have noticed while the greens grow slowly, the radishes grow quickly!

Now I have 4 rows of radishes growing intermittently with greens and onion, and some strawberries. So  I have a large quantity of big radishes.


Today, I pulled up a patch of radishes and below you'll see that epic harvest.


After I pulled up the radishes, I worked the soil and sowed some peas, and covered with additional soil mix.

From here, I bagged and dated the radishes to give away or sell. Of course, I have been doing more giving than selling. Here are some additional pickings from the garden...


Asparagus 

There are many side projects behind the scenes...laying sand for ceramic tile in between the garden beds, tilling and hoeing the other gardens, filling pots and grow bags with soil mixes for planting. I have 45 garden pots and probably 20 grow bags filled with mulch and compost. In those, I'm going to plant melons, squashes, peppers, and tomatoes. I have potatoes already poking throigh the soil in the grow bags.

At my other gardens, I have potatoes growing in bags, buckets and in the ground. I am helping my grandparents in their landscaping endeavours as well, so I have made several flower beds and started additional flower bed spaces.

Like I said, there's so much going on, it's hard to detail all in one post. But, I'll keep y'all updated! See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment