Saturday, September 3, 2022

September Fall Garden starting

You can tell Fall is setting in. Certain plants, like iron weeds grow this time of year; there's a different sound that Fall sounds like- like a creeping sound at the end of the day...like, the bugs are tired but still buzzing around. 

As Fall approaches, I have been sowing seeds, fertilizing and protecting plants I have also started. 

On Thursday, I went up to my garden and checked on plants. My lettuces, spinach,  beets, and peas have sprouted and seem to be doing good. This is the space I have fenced in, and while I was up there- I fertilized those rows of plants. 

As the cooler nights set in, I will also install the PVC piping to make a hoop around the plants to cover over with cloth or plastic. 

Horn worm on tomato plants

Rows of peppers still growing

Pepper plants getting hit by evening sunlight

Fenced in garden of peas, lettuces and other greens

Broccoli plants transplanted 

Tomatoes

Sowed radish seeds 


Planted extra broccoli in containers

Peas and greens fertilized

No comments:

Post a Comment