Friday, August 17, 2012

How to Plan your Summer Garden

Before summer ended, I wanted to demonstrate what a regular summer garden looks like. Below is my garden that is located at my grandparents' house, which consisted of the squash, zucchini, cucumbers, cushaws, beans, peas, and potatoes.

This next picture is of my garden at my Mom's house, where I grew tomatoes, corn, cantaloupe, peppers, and my fruit trees (plum, peach, and pear.)


The next picture is what I grew in containers (which I kept on the porch at my Mom's house.)


I will be updating in a couple of weeks, what I am planting this fall and where I am planting everything. I will be planting greens and root vegetables, like: carrots, beets, turnips, radishes, broccoli, kale, cabbage, collard greens, arugula, and frisee. I am not sure if I can plant arugula, frisee, or Swiss Chard during this time of year in Kentucky, but I will look into it, considering I have many seeds of each I would like to be growing. 

Here is a video of some really good tips on beginning gardening & other garden prep techniques, from growingyourgreens.com:


No comments:

Post a Comment