Sunday, May 9, 2021

Starting the summer garden

Happy Mother's Day! Here is a beautiful Iris to all the Mother's out there...


My grandma has been perfecting her little flower garden amongst this tree. It's looking better and better...


On this day after some drinks and food on our family get together today, I investigated the gardens. 

It seems to have been cold and rainy this past week here at the food forest gardens. 

I was in away on vacation this past week so I didn't get to check on the gardens till now. It also seems that the weeds have taken over! 

I have sowed lots of different seed of greens, herbs, melons, and squash.

Here, I have tilled a long patch with rows of different plants. The potatoes are up at least 10 inches from the ground in severalpatches, I have several rows of peas growing. I have separated each row with sticks.




This is the winter broccoli and kale patch. These plants are flowering now, but amongst them I have carrots, onions and radishes growing. 


I caught a sluggish munching on these radishes today...


At the other garden, not much has taken off besides the plants that have reseed themselves such as this lettuce. I had asparagus finally come up! Some have bolted to seed though. 


I believe this week should be dry, and perhaps a break from the rain--but, probably not the cold. Hopefully, I can finish some much needed weeding and mowing.


No comments:

Post a Comment