Saturday, May 22, 2021

Summer Blooms & Country Gardens

Last Sunday, Ashley and I were able to sow beans, corn, cushaw and cucumbers. I will need to water this garden again tomorrow because it has been a dry week! 

This past Friday, I transplanted peppers, tomatoes and basil in the big garden bed where I dumped my compost. I haven't been able to water this for days so I'm worried what these plants will look like when I'm able to water tomorrow. 
These peppers and tomatoes were very small, so  yesterday I got some jalapeno and California Wonder pepper plants that will hopefully fill in the gaps of pepper harvest this summer. 

I also got a wild looking cactus that I had only ever seen at the Marie Selby garden in Sarasota Florida. I will post those vacation pictures on this blog soon!



It is becoming warmer and warmer by the day, so this morning, I brought my houseplants outside on the porch and watered these babies. I actually may keep these houseplants from now on outside.


This week, wild rose bushes have been blooming and perfuming the air, so I had to pick a couple of branches for a bouquet.



Also yesterday, I took some lovely country photos of gardens. Ashley and I went out of state and hung out with family, played horse shoes, piddled around the gardens, went out to eat, had a lovely fire, and ambushed a high school graduation as we drove through a crowd on a golf cart drinking beers.









No comments:

Post a Comment