Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Peach & pears + Squash & gourds in August

Yesterday, I worked in the garden placing cardboard on each of my cushaw squash and gourds growing. I didn't take pictures of the cushaws, but here are a few of the little gourds growing...



Today, I investigated my other garden. I was not pleased. I hadn't been able to tend to it in months. It was out of control with weeds that were taller than houses. But, almost all of my peach and pear trees had fruit. 

There were probably hundreds of peaches, but the majority were rotten or rotting. 







Grandma canned the beans and potatoes I harvested last week...


Here I have harvested some cucumbers from the garden. 

I aim to pickle some of these cucumbers I harvested yesterday too. I was gifted some peppers, so I want to pickle the peppers with the cucumbers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment