Saturday, July 1, 2017

Garden pizza recipe of zucchini, Crookneck squash, pepper harvest + foraged chanterelle mushrooms

With the zucchini and crookneck squash, I'm slicing and cooking them on a pizza. The pizza is a homemade dough, tomato based sauce, and some onion on top.


The dough was a very simple recipe. I let a packet of active dry yeast and 1 cup of water with a pinch of sugar sit for 10 minutes and mixed well. Then adding and mixing 1 1/2 Tbsp of olive oil and 1/2 tsp of salt. To the mixture, I then added 2 1/2 cup of all purpose flour. As I mixed the flour in the liquid mixture, I made sure to form the mix into a ball and then proceeded to knead the dough as it started to take shape. I let the dough sit for an hour with plastic covering the bowl of dough. After an hour, I oiled a pizza pan and rolled out the dough while letting the oven preheat to 450 degrees F. I put tomato sauce on the pizza dough and put the slices of zucchini, crookneck, green peppers from the garden on the pizza. I also foraged for Chanterelle mushrooms and added those to the pizza. I cooked the pizza for 20 minutes. It was delicious.







No comments:

Post a Comment