Monday, July 24, 2017

Kajari melons at different stages + garden harvest

The hard rain last night actually beat the kajari melons off the vine. The melons must have been ready to pick anyway!

Here is a picture of kajari melons at different stages. If you want to grow these, I purchased the seeds from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds at rareseeds.com if you're interested.


I tried the ripe Kajari melon, and it tasted like cucumber, but it was odd and I'm not sure how to feel about the taste. The smell is very pleasant before you cut into the melon, and that's when you know it's ripe. In this picture it looks like it's glowing green on the inside of the melon.


Of course I harvested more from the garden today, as usual for right now: squash, MORE cucumbers, and finally lots of tomatoes.


I have three large bags of cucumbers that I'm struggling to eat with two or three bags of squash as well (on top of the bags of squash I have frozen.) I have been eating everything out of my garden and making sure to incorporate it into meals, though. The odd looking squash are going to become my fall decorations. And if you've been following this blog, you know I love my fall decor/scene/settings and I have pictures of them on the blog. Stay tuned for my fall scene this year--I'm going to try some new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment