Monday, June 15, 2020

Mid June Garden Updates

Last Thursday I fixed the tiller, finally! I was able to till the rest of the garden and sow in beans! So I now have three rows of tomatoes, rows of watermelon, cucumbers, corn cushaw and beans and potatoes. In grow bags, I also have cucumbers and buckets of potatoes.

At my home garden, I have potted tomatoes, cantaloupe and squash that the birds managed to leave for me! My radishes, cilantro and arugula have bolted and bloomed delicate white and purple flowers. I am still picking lettuce from the garden as much as possible and making deliveries to people as you can see below.

Lettuce and radishes in a bag

Lettuce in bags ready for delivery 

Also at the home garden, I sowed 40,000 flower seeds in this small area that I tilled in the front yard. The poppies are blooming and some other flowers. It's such a whimsical little spot.


At my apartment, I was sure to have plants growing too. From my compost bin, I pulled up tomato plants and transplanted them to styrofoam cups and filled them with compost soil. I have them sitting outside my door where theres plenty of sun, good air circulation as well.  

Tomatoes growing on the patio

Lilly from the home garden picked 

Welcome




No comments:

Post a Comment