Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Just sowed lots of fruits and vegetables! (garden layout)

Today I sowed fruit and vegetable seed in the hugelkultur garden mounds after layering them with compost and garden soil. Three of the hugelkultur mounds have been disassembled so to speak. I have removed the remaining wood from the mounds to have a square space among the mounds to till. I noticed for years of using the mounds, that the tomatoes and peppers don't prefer the hugelkultur mounds. I believe this to be because of the moisture in the mounds. So I have taken out some of the mounds and shoveled the area to begin tilling in the square areas you see in the picture below. I have tomatoes I will transplant in one of these areas after tilling. In the second square space, I will sow watermelon, cantaloupe or other melons here.

Below is a garden layout of the seeds I sowed today and what I will be sowing and transplanting in other areas of the garden..


2 comments:

  1. I was looking for a solution on how to lose weight naturally online , I came upon this site and got to know many have lost weight using it ,i am also seeing good results, hope this will help those who want to lose weight, here is the site
    https://fatlosseasyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think growing my own food and working with my whole body in the garden & hiking in the woods for food and fun are the ways I maintain weight without thinking about it as a concern. I probably would have cared more about that stuff years ago but I'm not interested in it now.

      Delete