Monday, March 16, 2020

Mulching garden beds, fruit trees and flowers

As the spring proceeds, I am continuing to garden prep. On saturday, I bought a truck load of mulch and mulched around all the vegetables that are growing in the garden beds.

Additionally, I used the remaining mulch to put around the 5 Peach and nectarine trees. I expanded the surface area of the mulch around the trees and created a rock boarder to contain the mulch.




Then the last bit of mulch went around some of the flowers that were in desperate need and hadn't been mulched in awhile.





I'm excited to see the tulips blooming, as I have planted more out in the beds. Sadly, I have noticed many tulips are dying off. I caught wind of some information about growing tulips that is useful: to dig them up, separate them and store somewhere cool and dry until next Spring. Tulips die out in damp environments, and I believe this is happening here but I also speculate that animals are eating the bulbs. 

I will keep you posted of all the upcoming beautiful flora and fauna.




Garden beds planted and covered with swiss chard, spinach, lettuces, radishes, and arugula




Plum flowering



Peach trees blooming



No comments:

Post a Comment