Thursday, March 19, 2020

Veggies growing! & Lush green in March rainy days


To walk in a wet, green, and lush path is an essential to the health of my lungs, my mind, my eyes. After a rain, it's like breathing more deeply, your mind is clear and your eyes are calm. I took this photo to capture that feeling while I was in the garden...


Today, I walked through the garden to observe, study, and pick some cilantro and put the houseplants and seedlings outside to get some fresh air and better sunlight.

Cilantro pickings


Tomato seedlings

Pepper seedlings

Here you can see that the beds are filled with the radishes, lettuce and spinach plants that have emerged from the soil. I have six garden beds full of seedlings. It's humbling and a blessed feeling to be able to pick and eat from my garden when the world is continually and currently in chaos, with limited supplies and food. 

Garden beds uncovered to get rain

Cilantro



New tile walkway!

Spinach and radish


Flower seedlings

Yarrow

Lettuce and radish

Continually, I will sow seed in the beds amongst the growth of the other veggies--interplanting carrots, onions, then peas, and other cool loving crop seed. 

Anxiously I wait for May, to plant tomatoes, peppers, squash, melons, artichoke, and much more...

The flower seed had been sown using the EZ straw bale with 48,000 wildflower seed, and then boxes of additionally flower seed.

Tilled and sowed flower seed

Of course, I keep idolizing the spring flowers blooming now, taking pictures of the same flower over and over. Pictures do not do flowers justice! Pictures don't show the intricate veins and colors and you can't smell the dizzying aroma of flowers. 



Nectarine blooming tree against gray sky

Beauty of th hyacinth flower

Daffodil



No comments:

Post a Comment