Friday, March 6, 2020

Sowing greens in early March! Mini greenhouse polytunnel

Finally! Today I sowed the first seeds of the year outdoors.

With the first garden bed, I used the bulb planter tool to make pockets in the mulch, and filled them with fine garden soil. I sowed different lettuces and radish.

On the following days this week, it was nice warm weather, so I continued to plant....

In the second bed, I sowed French Breakfast radish seed, Lollo Rosso lettuce, black seeded Simpson lettuce, ruby red lettuce, and Oakleaf lettuce seed amongst the radish.

In the third bed, I sowed Spinach and arugula together.

In the fourth, I sowed Swiss Chard and Dinosaur Kale amongst the already established cilantro plants.

In the fifth, I sowed Cilantro, Chives, French breakfast radish, and Peizehead lettuce seed were sown.

In the sixth bed, Iceberg lettuce and Buttercrunch lettuce seed were planted.

Now, all six garden beds are filled with seed and they're each covered with plastic or cloth. I planted raspberry plants as well amongst the blueberry bushes. I watered the garden beds and raspberry plants then covered them back over.

 Now we wait for the seedlings to sprout...






No comments:

Post a Comment