Tuesday, March 10, 2020

New garden project: Stepping tile walkways

Today, I had the day off work, so I took some time to work extra hard in the garden and wash my truck.

I managed to lay tile down for a walkway, sow flower seed, and water the gardens.

This morning, I took a quick trip to Lowes to buy pavers sand. With this, I am making a walkway in between two garden beds. On top of the sand, I am laying ceramic tile. It is halfway finished as I need to buy 3 more bags of sand for this walkway.

I'll show you the progress so far...I have 7 more of these tiles left to lay.


I will not be able to use large ceramic tiles like these in between the other garden beds, but I may be able to use bricks. I have many more ceramic tiles to use if I wanted but the purchase of sand can be quite expensive for these extensive garden projects, so we'll see if I change my mind.

As I said, I sowed seed in the new herb and flower bed. I put out Dill, sage, rosemary, thyme, fennel, and over 50,000 wildflower seed. I really want my front yard to be a majestic, whimsical, fantastical delight to the eyes and nose. I hope this herb and flower bed becomes a big show this year!

And of course, I made sure to water the garden of greens I recently sowed and the bed flower seed. The cilantro in the vegetable garden looks lush. It will be growing ever more luscious once I apply mulch around the plants.


I'll leave you with a final picture of my beautiful dog, Girl, guarding the garden as she usually does as I'm working outdoors.


2 comments: