Tuesday, October 6, 2015

October garden harvests (more FIGS and peppers)

I picked a Fig off one of the trees today. Yesterday actually I picked two Figs from our trees. In addition, I harvested 2 pints of cherry tomatoes, which I gave to my niece. She is 3 years old, and loves fruits and vegetables. Some of these short moments have an intense impact in a young kid's life. So she ate about 20 cherry tomatoes yesterday from the garden, and took the rest home with her for her Mom and Grandma to put in salads.
Intuitively, my niece asked for carrots from the garden. I don't know how she knew I was growing carrots, but luckily I told her to go into the garden and find a big orange carrot that is sticking out of the ground. The photo below is of my niece eating a carrot from the garden, and the tomatoes and peppers which we also harvested from the garden yesterday. The picture of the fig is from today.




No comments:

Post a Comment