Thursday, October 8, 2015

What low maintenance tropical houseplants to grow (VIDEO)

Months back I made a post on indoor houseplants, which you can see here: Transform your home into  a Rainforest Jungle (& list of tropical plants to grow indoors). I highly recommend viewing that post because there are some pictures of homes that have been transformed into a rain forest-like atmosphere, just by adding a couple houseplants. In that post I mentioned the three main household toxins of concern are benzene, formaldehyde, and trichloroethylene. These toxins can be removed by adding an abundance of house plants. 
The video below are low maintenance, low light, and beautiful plants that I grow indoors during the winter months. During the summer, I suggest keeping them outside. Oxygenate your house with these plants that also pull toxins to create a clean environment.

You see that I am growing Earth Peace Lily, Bromeliad, dracaena, Croton, Aloe Vera, Mother-in-law's tongue (Snake plant), and Christmas Cactus. Most of these plants can be watered as little as once per month. Other tropical plants I am growing are fruit trees such as avocado, pineapple, papaya, and tangerine seedlings.





No comments:

Post a Comment