Wednesday, July 26, 2017

It's already time to make a fall decor scene with pumpkins + snake skin bird nest

Spring and summer came early this year. Almost by a whole month, flowers were coming up earlier, I was able to plant many summer crops early, and I'm already harvesting winter squash in late July. I predict that there will be an early fall and winter, actually.

I started making the fall scene with those weird squashes that I cannot I identify. I placed them in an old wheel barrel (without the wheel), next to the sunflowers and zinnia flowers.



Because the pumpkin vines are already dying and the pumpkins are orange, very soon I will be harvesting the sugar baby pumpkins to eat. I have already started eating the winter squash. For instance, with the buttercup squash, I baked it at 400 degrees F with organic brown sugar, cinnamon, all spice, and vegan vanilla ice cream (obviously it was good!)


This is a sugar baby pumpkin in a hooked net that I borrowed from a backseat of a car...


I have more buttercup squash growing still..


I believe this is a jack-o-lantern. With the jack-o-lantern pumpkins, I am putting them in the fall decor scene/setting. 

And this pumpkin is a jack-o-lantern that will also be going in the fall scene. I wanted my head in the photo as a reference to how big the pumpkin is so far.

I tried to get most of the pumpkins in one picture because I didn't take pictures of all of them individually
More jack-o-lanterns
one of the small jack-o-lantern
 There was a crafty and artistic bird that used snakeskin for its nest in one of the cherry trees...


And I just so happened to take a selfie the night before in the garden...My favorite time to be in the garden or outside is in the evening to watch the sun go down.







No comments:

Post a Comment